Sunday, March 29, 2009

fiftyfour: never let me go

on thursday, i finished my latest novel for my book club. the book, never let me go by kazuo ishiguro, was excellent and i am really looking forward to discussing it. it took place in a world almost exactly like today, with one exception (which i will not reveal). i found the story somewhat reminiscent of margaret atwood's the handmaid's tale, but more entertaining. don't be turned off by the fact that the novel is considered 'sci-fi', it is certainly not your traditional sci-fi novel.
after wiki-ing the novel, i found that the movie is in pre-production with some great actors. i am most looking forward to seeing andrew garfield in the role of tommy. andrew garfield was in the movie boy a last year - a movie that will stay with you a long time after it is over. keira knightly is set to play kath and carey mulligan of the bbc's bleak house production will be ruth.

1 comment:

Global Gallerina said...

I've heard quite a few people mention Ishiguro's work...now that you give it such high praise, I will HAVE to read it. :)