Thursday, July 10, 2008

twentyone: a whole lot of nothing

so, unfortunately i have not been keeping up with my blogging or my crafting. i just finished my second temp job yesterday and am hoping that i will have a few days to catch up with my crafting before the next job comes along.
i heard a really interesting story this morning on npr. it was a review on a jewelry exhibit by the artist alexander calder. he made a lot of different wire jewelry without soldering and using different 'every-day' objects (telephone wire, for example). i really like the look of a lot of the pieces he made and the fact that he used relatively inexpensive materials (like the wire that wire hangers are made from). exhibit is in phili until november, so i think i might take a trip up there before it ends. i think i might try bending some old wire hangers i have laying around, but i am not sure i have enough talent/strength to make anything remotely similar to what he did.
i am in the middle of sewing some of my granny squares together for my afghan, i will take some pictures of my progress for my next post.

No comments: