Tuesday, July 1, 2008

twenty:

i have a confession to make, i am obsessed with the wii game link's crossbow training. all i think about is hitting targets and how many points i can get. i have never been addicted to a game like this before, so i am not sure how to go about overcoming my urge to forgo all human contact in favor of a video game. i blame this all on my brother, who had to inflict this horrible (but so wonderful) game on me for the summer. i have the high score for all but two levels, so it is now my mission in life to beat my brother's scores on each level. i think he finds it amusing that of all the games to become addicted to, i chose the simplest and dorkiest of his collection. i am hoping that once i have beaten his high scores i will be able to kick my game-playing habit.
during my forced breaks from target practice i have made a few pieces of jewelry, but have not been as inspired to create as i am to play. i am, however, quite impressed with my recent projects. i made some jewelry to match a dress that i am wearing to miriam's sister's wedding. i used some beads from an old necklace that belonged to my grandma and some pearls that my mom bought at a bead shop in tennessee.
i have a feeling that these earrings might be a little bit heavy on my poor ears, so i think i will only use one loop.
here are a few other necklaces that i made with no particular event or purpose in mind:
job update: after a week and a half without work i am going to start another temping job tomorrow. fortunately, this one has an end date, so if it is not my cup of tea, i won't have to awkwardly refuse to work there any longer.
musicness: i have recently become a fan of the band travis, i cannot get enough of the songs sing or driftwood.

No comments: