Wednesday, September 3, 2008

thirty: the offce & cross-stitching & my job

i have started doing some more cross-stitching projects in the past couple of weeks. i have a problem with starting a lot of different patterns and then i eventually stick to one and finish it. the pattern below is the one that i have been making progress on. it is a little traditional for my taste, but i think i am going give it to a family friend for christmas (she has more old-fashioned taste). my goal for this holiday season is to make all my presents for friends and family. i already have a pretty good stockpile of jewelry and frames, so i think i will be fine for my female friends and relatives. i am not sure what i am going to do for the men in my life, but i am sure i will think of something.
in the past few weeks i discovered the show the office (the american version). jenn used to tell me how good it was all the time and i never quite believed her. now, however, i am sold. i love it. i am not one to laugh out loud while watching tv, but with the office i do all the time. i kinda wish my office was like the show. maybe once i have gotten to know everyone, i will discover my own version of phylis, pam, jim, michael, stanley, etc. in my own office. i do know that on monday i am going to be brainstorming different office sports i can play with my coworkers.
i have now completed two weeks at my new job. i am enjoying it for the most part, but am still trying to get everyone's name down and figuring out what i am going to be doing. i think this biggest adjustment for me is waking up at 6:30 every morning. i am not a morning person, so i have become even more dependent on coffee to get through the day.

1 comment:

Jenn Hair said...

hahaha NOW YOU BELIEVE!

I still love the office, i just bought season 4 on dvd!