Thursday, June 5, 2008

fifteen: to my biggest fan...

this blog post is dedicated to caroline, who was pestering me to update my blog. so, i hope this makes you happy caroline!
i have finally created an etsy shop, but have only posted three items so far. i read an interview with someone who has been really successful on etsy and she said that the most important thing to do is to have great pictures. so, i have been focusing on making sure my photos are crisp and stylized. besides madly taking pictures, i have not been very productive during my blogging hiatus. rather than crafting i have been cleaning and sorting through my different supplies. it is so nice to have a work room that is organized and relatively clean.
here are some pictures of a few things that i have managed to do in the midst of my spring cleaning. i am going through a beading and cross-stitching phase right now. i will post some pictures of my cross stitch projects next time.
the necklace above is one of my favorite recent creations. i it using beads from an old amber necklace that my mom had. i knotted in-between each bead and used a magnetic clasp.
i made the necklace above for a friend of ours who is working in iraq. i used some little shell beads in-between the larger ones, the three oval beads are some that my mom got overseas for me. i am still really enjoying my knotting tool, so of course i made this is also knotted necklace.
this one is made using amazonite and jade beads.
in the future, i will do my best not to have such a long gap between posts and will try to do some more interesting projects!

No comments: