Friday, April 11, 2008

seven: feeling knotty

i just bought a knotting tool, so for the past few days i have been feeling very knotty. i have done these three pieces as well as restringing two pearl necklaces for my mom. now that i have gotten the technique down and am no longer poking my self with the tool, I am a lot faster and enjoying it more. i am also attempting to take better pictures of my projects.

i went to a great exhibition on avant-garde jewelry yesterday at the renwick gallery in downtown dc. people made some amazing jewelry out of a number of different materials (plastic, silver, gold, cardboard, shells...).

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

i was unaware that there was such a thing as a knotting tool.

this would have been very helpful to me a few months ago when i painstakingly restrung 3 or 4 knotted necklaces....

nice work by the way.

came across your blog randomly.